|Conference rooom is go! (details for Saturday's game)
||[May. 30th, 2007|03:34 pm]
Weasel 17 Gaming Group, from Lexington, KY
Movies and the usual at the Apartment tomorrow night, and the monthly game is Saturday... with a small change. I checked with the person in charge of the conference room in my department and they said I could use it on Saturday and that the building will be open, etc..
So, we are going to meet there at 2pm on Saturday. Anticipating people getting lost, or the need to unlock anything, please meet me in the Starbucks at the Clinic just before 2pm on Saturday. If you need a ride over, or have fears of parking issues, you can ride over with me if you make arrangements ahead of time.
Then, once everyone is present and accounted for, I'll take the group up to the conference room.
1) Although the building is open, my department will be locked, so any arriving late MUST call my cell phone so I can come out and get the door for you.
2) Bring money for food. There are a variety of cafes, cafeterias, vending machines, etc, and there are good restaurants nearby. Gaming is powered by snacks, as you well know. Plus, we'll be doing dinner out. I'm guessing that certain Mexican restaurant that will be just across the bridge from where we are.
3) We'll need to bring our games with us. I say this because I need to know ahead of time if there's something one of us owns that you will want to play. Tell us now, so we can bring it when the time comes.
4) Help clean up when we leave. You all have always been good about that, but since this is my workplace, I think I'm justified in the reminder. :)
I initially planned on this to get away from certain keeping-games-in-good-shape issues that have presented themselves at the apartment, but looking at it a different way, this presents us with many more opportunities. Using my department's conference room will give us:
1) Change of scenery.
2) More space to spread out in. Face it, we've been cramped playing at the Apartment lately. There's a BIG table just begging for gaming. And more space if necessary.
3) Easy access to food, bathrooms, etc. Two words: "Starbucks downstairs."
4) Probably easier to find for those who haven't played with us often.
5) Did I mention the big table?
6) As this is a separate location, there isn't as much to distract us, and we can get down to "business".
So, again: Meet at the Starbucks in the Clinic on this Saturday afternoon at 2pm. Bring games. Bring friends.
I hope this works for everyone. Email me or comment here if you have questions or need more info, and please pass on to the relevant invitees as well.